There are times when people are not satisfied with the default keyboard app on Android apps. The default keyboard app is either of stock android or is an OEM keyboard as found on LG, HTC, Samsung, etc. Surely, it lacks features like better AI word suggestion, the inclusion of stickers, better emojis, word meaning search, etc. For Android users who are not satisfied with the default keyboard app, there are a lot of third-party apps with better capabilities and features, which can help complete their requirements. Some of these best Android keyboard apps provide gesture typing, some support customization, some support typing, while some focus on fun through stickers and emojis.
7 Best Keyboard Apps For Android: –
Customize Your Keyboard Experience with These Top-Rated Android Apps
#1. Gboard – the Google Keyboard: –
Gboard, by Google, is one of the best keyboard apps out there for Android devices. It has nearly everything you will ever need. The features on GBoard are –
- Gboard has google search built in, so you won’t have to switch apps to know the meaning of some word.
- It supports Glide typing and voice typing.
- It even supports font in over 100 languages.
- You can also search for GIFs, stickers, and emojis. There is an excellent collection of stickers available too which includes Disney sticker collection!
- You can write in multilingually without switching between languages.
- You can customize Gboard according to your needs and looks, and there are tonnes of themes available for it.
The best part of Gboard is that, by using the Google database, it gives better suggestion while typing. And, it is completely free!
Download Gboard App for Android
#2. AI Type Keyboard: –
It is one of the smartest and customizable third-party keyboard apps currently available on Google play store. Its user base is of over 40 million users worldwide, shows how great it is! The best features of AI type are
- AI type lets you customize from thousands of free theme, and you can also create your theme from the app.
- AI type also supports voice narration and swipe typing using fingers. This makes typing easier.
- AI type has an efficient top row which can be adjusted with numbers, punctuation, emojis, all from primary keyboard screen.
- AI type predicts words and auto corrects based on the type of content. This auto prediction is available in over 50 languages!
- AI type supports emoji and emoji search.
- It also has an on-keyboard search to search words on Google in the app itself.
The only disadvantage of AI type is that the free version has all these features for 18 days only, in the trial, and after that for using complete features on this app, you have to pay ₹ 280 ($3.99) for AI Type keyboard plus!
Download AI Type Keyboard App For Android
Also Read: – 11 Best Android Emulators For Windows PC [To Run Android Apps on PC]
#3. Swiftkey Keyboard: –
Swiftkey was once the best keyboard app on android till Gboard took its place and it still is. It has a user base of over 250 million people which is a staggering number. Its features are –
- Better and faster AI-powered prediction, and auto-correction.
- Swipe typing is great.
- The app learns your common slang, phrases, nicknames, etc.
- Swiftkey can be easily customized with 80+ colors, with great designs and themes available for free.
- Supports bilingual autocorrect in over 300 languages like English, Spanish, Hindi, etc.
- Supports emojis, and predicts favorite emoticon too.
It uses your past database in the prediction of words while you type now. The complete app is supported on Android 4.1 or above. It is completely free.
Download Swiftkey Keyboard App For Android
#4. Fleksy- Emoji & GIF Keyboard: –
Fleksy is also one of the most popular third-party keyboard apps on Android. It is the most private and fastest keyboard, as per the company’s claim and has over 6 million downloads. It is supported by devices with Android 4.1 or above. Fleksy has the following great features:
- Fleksy supports natural gesture like swiping left for deleting a word, and other finger gestures for adding punctuation, space, etc.
- It doesn’t read what a user types.
- Fleksy is easy to customize with three keyboard sizes, 50+ free colorful themes, and emoji skin colors.
- The fastest keyboard as per Guinness book of records.
- Fleksy supports multilingual typing in over 40 languages including all common languages.
- Fleksy is free to a great extent, and for some features, you might get charged. It is suitable for people afraid of their privacy!
Download Flesky Keyboard Android App
Also Read: – 5 Best Free Movie Apps For Android
#5. Chrooma – The chameleon Keyboard: –
As the name suggests, Chrooma is indeed a chameleon keyboard. It is a lightweight, adaptive, and fast keyboard with over 1 million downloads! It has some great features like :
- Chrooma is powered by AI for better contextual prediction and autocorrect.
- It has a neural action row which helps in suggesting emoticon, numbers and even punctuation.
- Chrooma supports both emojis and GIFs with GIF search too.
- The adaptive theme is USP of chrooma, and the keyboard adapts the environment of the app you use and the phone you use.
- It supports gesture for deleting, moving cursor, fast selection, etc.
- It Supports gesture typing, night mode, one hand mode, split layout, and many more modes.
- Chrooma also supports multilingual typing.
Chrooma is free, but if you want to use the same customization in all your device, you might want to get its premium version.
Download Chrooma Keyboard app For Android
#6. Minuum Keyboard: –
Minuum is a somewhat new keyboard on this list, yet it has garnered over half a million downloads in a short time. It has the following features:
- Minuum helps in fast, sloppy typing with rather intelligent auto-correction.
- Supports key magnification helping in precision writing for those having large fingers and also covers less screen than other keyboards
- You can change keyboard layouts from QWERTY to AZERTY to A-Z.
- Minuum smartly predicts words and emojis.
- You can control vocabulary and write better-using thesaurus, dictionary, and search, all in the app itself.
- Helps in better multitasking, voice typing, and also supports rapid gesture shortcuts.
Minuum also focuses on privacy and doesn’t store your data apart from your device. The free trial version lasts for 30 days only, after that some features are restricted. There is a premium version too in which you can use all features in ₹ 199 ($2.84) only.
Download Minuum Keyboard app For Android (Paid) | Free
#7. Grammarly Keyboard: –
The grammar correction app successful across all platform has a keyboard app for Android too! Grammarly app helps you writing mistake free in your devices with Android 4.0.3 or more. It has over a million downloads. It has the following features:
- Grammarly checks your writing with its sophisticated grammar checker and helps in punctuation correction, spelling checker, and vocabulary enhancement.
- It is easy to set up and integrates with all apps.
- The best feature of Grammarly is that it improves your skills.
- It lets you understand your mistakes with habits. It explains your mistakes.
- Download for skill improvement.
Download Grammarly Keyboard App For Android
All the apps listed above are great in one aspect or two. If you want an all-rounder app, go for Gboard, or AI Type keyboard. If you focus on privacy, go for Fleksy or Minuum. For skill development, go for Grammarly. It all depends on your requirement. If you found it useful, then do share it with your friends. Also, Do let me know which Keyboard App your have chosen for your Android smartphone.