Hey guys, If you’re running Android Studio for the first time on your PC. you might have faced this error “HAXM is Not installed” while running the AVD manager. In this article, I am going to share the solution to fix this issue. Follow the steps below properly.
How to Fix Failed to Install Intel HAXM Error in Android Studio on Intel devices: –
This method is only for Intel users and not to be followed by AMD users.
- Go to Control Panel >> Turn Windows Features on/off >> Uncheck Hyper-V option and Click on OK.
- Open Android Studio, Go to Tools >> SDK Manager >> SDK Tools >> Enable ”Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator(HAXM Installer)” and wait for a few seconds to complete the download.
- Now, Boot your Intel PC into Bios, Enable “Intel Virtualization Technology”, Save & Exit and Restart. (You can search how to boot into Bios on Google by typing your laptop model)
- Now, Open Android Studio and try to run the application, you won’t see the “HAXM is not Installed to Run AVD” pop-up.
How to Fix Failed to Install Intel HAXM Error in Android Studio on AMD devices: –
- Go to Tools >> SDK Manager >> SDK Tools >> Enable “Android Emulator Hypervisor Driver for AMD Processors(Installer)” and Click on Apply.
- It will install the necessary files, packages, and components required from the source. Wait for a few seconds to complete the download.
- Now, Go to C: drive >> Users >> “your account name” >> AppData >> Local >> Android >> Sdk >> extras >> google >> Android_Emulator_Hypervisor_Driver
- Inside the Android_Emulator_Hypervisor_driver folder, You will find the “Silent_install.bat” file. Right Click on that and “Run as Administrator“.
- Now, The issue has been fixed. You can restart your Android Studio application and Run your Android Virtual Emulator.
I hope this article helped you to fix “Intel HAXM is required to run this AVD” error in the Android Studio. If you have any queries, please do let me know in the comment section below. Also, Do share this article with your friends and on social media. Revisit our site for more tutorials like these.
Also Read: – How to Fix Unable to resolve dependency for app@debugcompileClasspath Could not resolve the android studio Error?