Guide on how to root Infinix Smart 8 Pro using SuperSU tool:
If you’re looking to unleash the full potential of your device, root access is the way to go. By gaining root access, you can customize your phone, remove pre-installed bloatware, and even install custom ROMs to enhance your smartphone experience. In this article, we will walk you through the process step by step, ensuring that you have a smooth and successful rooting experience. So let’s dive in and get started.
Preparation Before Rooting
So, you’ve decided to dive into the world of rooting your Android device. Exciting times are ahead! Rooting can give you more control over your device, allowing you to customize it to your heart’s content. However, before you take the plunge, it’s essential to prepare properly to ensure a smooth and successful rooting process. Here are a few crucial steps to take before you start:
- Backup your device: Rooting involves making changes to the system files of your device, which can potentially lead to data loss or even render your device unusable. To avoid any unfortunate mishaps, it’s crucial to back up your device beforehand. You can use various backup apps available on the Google Play Store or rely on cloud services like Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Charge your battery: Rooting a device can sometimes be a time-consuming process, requiring your device to be powered on throughout. To avoid interruptions or potential issues due to low battery, it’s advisable to charge your device to at least 80% before you begin.
- Do your research: Rooting can be a complex process, especially if you’re new to it. Before diving in, it’s essential to educate yourself about the rooting process specific to your device model.
- Gather necessary files and tools: Depending on the rooting method you choose, you may need specific files or tools to carry out the process. Some common files include custom recovery images, bootloaders, or rooting software. Make sure to download these files from reliable sources and keep them accessible during the rooting process.
- Choose the right time: Rooting your device requires some uninterrupted time and focus. Choose a time when you won’t be rushed or distracted, ensuring that you can fully dedicate yourself to the rooting process. It’s not something you want to attempt hastily or while multitasking.
By following these preparation steps, you’ll be well-equipped to tackle the rooting process with confidence.
Pros and Cons of Rooting Infinix Smart 8 Pro
Before you jump into the world of rooting, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons. Let’s take a closer look at what rooting your Infinix Smart 8 Pro entails.
Pros of Rooting Infinix Smart 8 Pro
- Customization: Rooting your Infinix Smart 8 Pro opens up a world of customization possibilities. You can install custom ROMs, which are modified versions of the Android operating system, to change the look and feel of your device. Want a more sleek and modern interface? With rooting, you can have it.
- Deleting Pre-installed Apps: We’ve all been there – having pre-installed apps on our devices that we never use and just take up valuable storage space. Rooting allows you to delete unwanted pre-installed apps, giving you more control over the apps that are on your device.
- Boost Performance: Rooting can also improve the performance of your Infinix Smart 8 Pro. By removing unnecessary system apps, you can free up RAM and processing power, leading to smoother and faster performance.
- Access to Root-only Apps: Some apps require root access in order to unlock their full potential. By rooting your Infinix Smart 8 Pro, you can access a whole new world of root-only apps that offer advanced customization, system tweaks, and additional features.
Cons of Rooting Infinix Smart 8 Pro
- Voiding Warranty: One of the biggest drawbacks of rooting your Infinix Smart 8 Pro is that it may void your warranty. Manufacturers often consider rooting as a violation of their terms and conditions, and they may refuse to provide warranty service for rooted devices.
- Security Risks: Rooting your device can expose it to potential security risks. When you root your Infinix Smart 8 Pro, you’re bypassing certain security measures put in place by the manufacturer and potentially opening your device up to malware and other malicious attacks.
- Bricking Your Device: There’s always a risk involved when it comes to rooting. If something goes wrong during the rooting process, you could end up bricking your device, rendering it unusable. It’s important to follow the proper rooting instructions carefully to minimize this risk.
- No Over-the-Air Updates: Once you root your Infinix Smart 8 Pro, you may lose the ability to receive official over-the-air updates from the manufacturer. Instead, you’ll have to rely on custom ROMs and other community-developed software for updates, which may not always be as stable or reliable.
Before making the decision to root your Infinix Smart 8 Pro, carefully consider these pros and cons. It’s important to weigh the benefits against the potential risks and drawbacks.
- How to Unlock the Bootloader of Infinix Smart 8 Pro
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Smart 8 Pro
- How to Root Infinix Smart 8 Pro using Magisk
Methods to Root Infinix Smart 8 Pro Using SuperSU
In this section, we will explore two methods to root your Infinix Smart 8 Pro using SuperSU – one without a PC and another using TWRP custom recovery.
Before we dive into the methods, it’s important to note that rooting your device comes with risks. It can void your device warranty and potentially brick your phone if not done correctly. So, it’s crucial to understand the process and do proper research before attempting to root your Infinix Smart 8 Pro.
Method #1: Rooting Without a PC
Rooting your Infinix Smart 8 Pro without a PC may sound like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite straightforward. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- Download SuperSU: Begin by downloading the latest version of SuperSU apk file from the official website. You can find it here.
- Enable Unknown Sources: Go to your phone’s settings, navigate to “Security,” and enable the “Unknown Sources” option. This will allow you to install apps from external sources.
- Install SuperSU: Locate the downloaded SuperSU apk file on your device and tap on it to begin the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Launch SuperSU: Once installed, open the SuperSU app from your app drawer. It will prompt you to update the SU binary. Choose “Normal” when prompted and let it update.
- Reboot: After the update, reboot your Infinix Smart 8 Pro. Once it powers back on, you should have root access on your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Infinix Smart 8 Pro without a PC using SuperSU.
Method #2: Rooting Using TWRP Custom Recovery
If you prefer using a PC and TWRP custom recovery, this method is for you. TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a custom recovery that provides a touch-based interface for installing custom ROMs, mods, and, of course, rooting your device. Here’s how you can root your Infinix Smart 8 Pro using TWRP:
- Unlock Bootloader: Before you can install TWRP and root your device, you need to unlock the bootloader. Visit the Infinix website or do a quick internet search to find the official instructions on how to unlock the bootloader for your specific device model.
- Download TWRP: Head over to the official TWRP website and search for your Infinix Smart 8 Pro model. Download the TWRP recovery image suitable for your device. You can find it here.
- Install TWRP: Connect your Infinix Smart 8 Pro to your PC using a USB cable. Open a command prompt or terminal window on your PC and execute the following command:
fastboot flash recovery <twrp-image-file.img>
Replace <twrp-image-file.img> with the actual name of the TWRP recovery image file you downloaded.
- Enter Recovery Mode: Once the TWRP recovery is installed successfully, disconnect your device from the PC and power it off. Press and hold the power button and volume up button simultaneously to boot into the recovery mode.
- Root Using SuperSU: In TWRP recovery, select “Install” and navigate to the location where you have saved the SuperSU zip file. Select the file and swipe to confirm flash. Once the installation is complete, tap on the “Reboot System” button.
After the reboot, your Infinix Smart 8 Pro should be rooted using SuperSU and TWRP.
In conclusion, rooting your Infinix Smart 8 Pro using SuperSU can provide you with a range of benefits, such as the ability to install custom ROMs and gain administrative control over your device. However, it is important to remember that rooting does come with some potential downsides, including the risk of bricking your device if not done properly.
If you’re ready to take the plunge and root your Infinix Smart 8 Pro, make sure to follow the methods outlined in this article, whether you choose to root without a PC or use TWRP custom recovery. And remember, if you’re ever unsure about the process, it’s always a good idea to seek guidance from reputable sources like Androidstrike.
Don’t forget to check out Androidstrike for more Android-related articles, including app and game reviews, development tutorials, and smartphone and gadget reviews. Plus, you’ll find a supportive community of Android enthusiasts sharing their experiences and tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is SuperSU?
SuperSU is a superuser management tool that allows users to gain root access on Android devices. It provides advanced control over root permissions and helps manage Superuser access for various apps.
- Why would I want to root my Infinix Smart 8 Pro?
Rooting your Infinix Smart 8 Pro can give you administrative control over your device, allowing you to install custom ROMs, remove pre-installed bloatware, improve performance, and access advanced customization options.
- Is rooting my Infinix Smart 8 Pro safe?
Rooting your device involves risks, such as voiding warranties and potentially bricking your device if not done correctly. It’s essential to follow instructions carefully and understand the process before attempting to root your Infinix Smart 8 Pro.
- How can I root my Infinix Smart 8 Pro using SuperSU?
Rooting methods may vary for different devices, but generally, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery like TWRP, and then flash the SuperSU zip file through the custom recovery. It’s recommended to follow a detailed step-by-step guide specific to your device and firmware version.
- Are there any alternatives to SuperSU for rooting my Infinix Smart 8 Pro?
Yes, there are alternative root management tools like Magisk that you can use to root your Infinix Smart 8 Pro. Magisk is popular for its systemless root method, which allows you to hide root from certain apps that may not work on rooted devices.