Guide to Root Xiaomi Poco X6 and X6 Pro Using Magisk:
Are you ready to unlock the full potential of your Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro? Well, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll show you how to root your device using Magisk.
Rooting your phone gives you complete control over its operating system, allowing you to customize and optimize it to your heart’s content. With a rooted device, you can install powerful apps, customize your phone’s appearance, and even boost its performance. It’s like giving your phone a VIP pass to the backstage of Android!
But wait, what exactly is Magisk and why should you choose it to root your Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro? We’re glad you asked! Let’s dive in and explore the amazing features of Magisk together.
Understanding Magisk and Its Features
In this section, we will dive into the world of Magisk and explore its exciting features. So, buckle up and let’s get started!
What is Magisk?
Magisk is a popular application that provides root access to your Android device. But what exactly is root access? In simple terms, having root access allows you to have superuser privileges on your device, giving you the ability to modify system files and customize your Android experience to your heart’s content.
But what sets Magisk apart from other rooting methods is its ability to hide its presence from certain apps that may detect root access. This means that you can enjoy the benefits of rooting while still being able to use apps that would usually block access on a rooted device. Pretty cool, right?
Access to Unsupported Features
One of the most exciting features of Magisk is the ability to unlock unsupported features on your device. With Magisk Modules, you can enhance your phone’s capabilities by installing custom add-ons and tweaks. These modules can range from small tweaks like battery optimizations to completely transforming your user interface. The sky’s the limit when it comes to customization with Magisk.
And the best part? You can easily manage these modules through the Extensions section in the Magisk Manager app. It’s like having a whole library of enhancements at your fingertips.
Privacy is a top priority for many of us, and that’s where Magisk Hide comes into play. This nifty feature allows you to hide the fact that your device is rooted from certain apps that may pose a threat to your privacy or security. By enabling Magisk Hide for specific apps, you can ensure that you have full control over what information is being accessed by these apps, giving you peace of mind and an added layer of security.
Now, let’s talk about Magisk Extensions. These are external add-ons that can be installed using the Magisk Manager app. These extensions offer additional functionalities and features that can greatly enhance your Android experience. Some popular extensions include themes, additional system tweaks, performance boosters, and even mods for popular apps like Snapchat.
It’s important to note that Magisk is open-source and compatible with various devices, making it a reliable option for all Android users. So, whether you’re a tech enthusiast looking to explore the depths of your device or simply someone who wants to add a personal touch to their Android experience, Magisk has got you covered.
And there you have it – a closer look at Magisk and its awesome features.
Prerequisites for Rooting:
There are a few prerequisites you’ll need to take care of. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is the first step towards rooting your device. It allows you to gain full control over the device’s software, enabling you to install custom software like custom ROMs or kernels. Here’s how you can do it:
- Backup your device: Unlocking the bootloader will wipe all the data on your device. So, it’s essential to back up any important files or data before proceeding.
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings > About Phone and tap on the “Build Number” seven times to enable Developer Options.
- Enable USB Debugging: In Developer Options, enable USB Debugging by toggling the switch.
- OEM Unlocking: You might need to enable “OEM Unlocking” in Developer Options. Note that this option might be located in a different place depending on your device manufacturer.
We have previously published an article on how to Unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Poco X6 and X6 Pro.
Step 2: Install TWRP Recovery
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a custom recovery that allows you to install custom ROMs, take backups, and perform other advanced tasks. Here’s how you can install TWRP on your device:
- Download the TWRP recovery image for your specific device model. You can find the TWRP images for most devices on the official TWRP website or other reliable sources.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window on your computer and navigate to the folder where you downloaded the TWRP recovery image.
- Enter the following command in the command prompt or terminal window:
adb devices. This will display the connected devices; make sure your device is listed.
- Restart your device into fastboot mode. You can do this by following the same steps as mentioned earlier for unlocking the bootloader.
- Once your device is in fastboot mode, enter the following command in the command prompt or terminal window:
fastboot flash recovery <twrp_image_filename>.img. Replace
<twrp_image_filename>with the actual name of the TWRP recovery image file you downloaded earlier.
- After the flashing process is complete, enter the following command:
fastboot reboot. This will reboot your device.
Voila! You now have TWRP installed on your device, ready to dive into the world of customizations and optimizations. Remember, both unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP come with their own risks, so proceed with caution and make sure you understand the process thoroughly.
Also, You can check out our guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Poco X6 and X6 Pro.
Procedure to Root Xiaomi Poco X6 and X6 Pro
In this section, we will take you through a step-by-step procedure to root your Xiaomi Poco X6 and X6 Pro safely and efficiently.
Flash the Magisk File using TWRP Recovery:
Once you have TWRP custom recovery installed on your Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro, you are ready to flash the Magisk file to gain root access.
- Download the latest Magisk zip file from the official Magisk GitHub repository.
- Transfer the downloaded Magisk zip file to the internal storage of your Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode by powering off your device and then holding the power button and volume up button simultaneously until the recovery mode menu appears.
- In TWRP recovery, tap on “Install” and navigate to the location where you have transferred the Magisk zip file.
- Select the Magisk zip file and swipe the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” button to start the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is complete, tap on “Reboot System” to reboot your device.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro using Magisk.
And there you have it! We’ve covered everything you need to know about rooting your Xiaomi Poco X6 and X6 Pro using Magisk. By following the step-by-step procedure and taking the necessary precautions, you can gain access to a world of customization and optimization for your device.
If you ever encounter any issues or have questions along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out to us or check out our website, Androidstrike. We’re here to help and provide you with the latest updates and tutorials on all things Android.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Magisk?
Magisk is a systemless rooting tool that allows users to gain root access on their Android devices without modifying the system partition. It offers a wide range of features and is popular among Android enthusiasts.
- Why should I root my Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro?
Rooting your Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro gives you administrative control over your device, allowing you to customize and optimize your phone’s performance, install custom ROMs, remove bloatware, and access advanced features and settings.
- Can rooting my Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro void the warranty?
Yes, rooting your Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro will void the manufacturer warranty as it involves modifying the device’s software beyond the manufacturer’s intended use. Proceed with rooting at your own risk.
- Is it safe to root my Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro?
Rooting itself is not inherently unsafe, but it does come with certain risks. By gaining root access, you have the potential to make changes that can negatively impact your device’s stability or security. It’s important to follow instructions carefully and backup your device before proceeding.
- How can I root my Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro using Magisk?
To root your Xiaomi Poco X6 or X6 Pro using Magisk, you will need to unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery, and then flash Magisk through the recovery. There are various tutorials and step-by-step guides available online that can assist you in the process. Make sure to research and follow a trusted guide specific to your device model.