Are you very much eager to Root Nokia 5 without PC/Laptop? Then, you should follow the Guide on How to root Nokia 5 Easily?. As we all know, Nokia has recently stated the three different variants of Smartphones in the present era (India). In which, Nokia 5 is also the one among the three. After a lot more years, Nokia is back with its three new handsets which will be running on the Android operating system instead of Windows Phone OS (Lumia). These three Handsets have different Hardware, Specifications, and Price.
Now, Let’s go with Short Specs and Price of Nokia 5. This smartphone costs around 12,899.Rs (Indian Currency) means 13k. As of now, Nokia 5 would be selling only in Amazon Exclusive. Later it will be available on Flipkart and other shopping carts. It’s been a long time. We just take a look at Quick specifications.
Previously, We have shared: – Best Android Budget Smartphones
Nokia 5 comes with 5.2 inch IPS LCD touchscreen at the resolution of 720 x 1280px which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. It has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of Internal Storage and also can withstand up to 256GB External MicroSD card support. Moving to the Camera, The rear camera appears with the 13MP, and the Front camera performs with the 8MP shooter. Nokia 5 runs on the latest version of Android 7.1.1 (Nougat). Also, upgradable to Android 8.0. It has the chipset of Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 and Octa-core 1.4 GHz Processor.
Also, Read: – How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Any Android Smartphone
Let us we start the Guide on How to root Nokia 5 in less than 20 min?
Requirements to Root Nokia 5 Without PC/Laptop: –
- Your Phone should have at least 80% of the battery to avoid accidental Power OFF.
- You should Take Complete Backup of your files. (Recommended to move into External SD card)
- This Root Method will only work on Nokia 5. So, Don’t try it on another Phone (Root File varies according to the Phone)
- Your Phone should have Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM to install the SuperSu Root Package from the Custom Recovery Mode.
Here is the Small video on Installing Custom Recovery on Any Android Phone.
Note: – Pause the Video and Follow the steps one-by-one.
Read More: – How To Install Custom Recovery and Root Moto E3 Power
Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting Nokia 5: –
- You can able to install custom ROM’s on Nokia 5. After Rooting (Also, Read: – Best Custom ROM’s For Redmi 4)
- You can make changes and a lot of customization as you wish. (Themes, Icons, etc.)
- You can also install the apps that need Root Access. Example: – ES File Explorer
- You can access Android System Files (Not Recommended to touch anything without proper knowledge)
- Your Phone Will not get any official update from Nokia.inc
- Your Phone warranty will be voided (can’t claim warranty)
How To Root Nokia 5 Easily In less than 20 Minutes: –
- Download the Nokia 5 Root Package File From Here
- Now, Move the downloaded Package Named SuperSu to External SD card.
- Hold the File and Rename it as Update.zip
- Then, Enter into Custom Recovery Mode of TWRP
- To boot the Phone into Custom Recovery Mode. Switch OFF the Phone and Press Volume Down + Power Key Simultaneously. (Release After 5-10 Seconds)
- After Entering into the Recovery Mode. Tap on Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Then, Select the Install Option and Choose the Update.zip from SD card.
- Wait until the installation gets Complete (it takes 1-2 Min)
- After Successful Installation, Reboot the phone normally
- Now, Install Root Checker App from Playstore to Verify the Root Installed Properly or not.
- Yes, You have rooted Nokia 5. Enjoy!!!
I hope this Guide helps you rooting Nokia 5 without PC. If you face any problem or error during installation. Please, leave a comment below. I will be there for you always to solve the problem. Share it with your friends and relatives. Because Sharing is caring.!!
20 thoughts on “How To Root Nokia 5 Without PC/Laptop”
Hello nesito help to install the twrp and if necessary unlock the bootloader
Thanks for commenting. First of all, You need to install TWRP custom recovery to root Nokia Android Phone. follow the steps from the link: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-twrp/
hi, loosing updates is something, which is really bad in case of Nokia, which promised to keep devices updated.
so there is no way how to install updates?
Are you talking about Nokia 5 Android or Nokia (Windows Phone)? Can you expand the question?
After rooting will Nokia 5 does get Oreo update.
Does rooting has any benefit in performance in software in cas of Nokia 5, my phone’s performance is average
Rooting a smartphone enables you to Install Custom ROMS and warranty will be removed. You will get the permission to enter into your System files. So, Rooting the smartphone will not increase performance. And Nokia not yet claimed that Nokia 5 would get Oreo Update. So, better try to remove unwanted apps and videos. This way you can experience excellent performance on your Phone.
When I want to instal ‘Update.zip’ i get an error, what can i do?
If you’ll apply update directly, you’ll end up in the following error:
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
So choose “install zip from sdcard” option.
Toggle Signature Verification
Now first choose “toggle signature verification” to turn off the signature check and then choose “apply sdcard:update.zip”.
Now you’ll not see any errors related to signature and you can easily update your software.
when i finish install update.zip, i make Reboot myPhone normal but my phone still not trun on i mean not work
u have any idea
Can you elaborate the question? What have you done from the first?
Same problem here
I finish the zip file, but my phone is not boot
I updated my nokia 5 to oreo, will this still work?
I haven’t tested it after the oreo update. After testing, I will update the content. Thanks
Hi is this going to work on latest update 8.1 Oreo?
hey i want to know is this method will work on android 8.0
nokia 5 is too slow
Yes, This method will work on Nokia 5. You can follow the above method to root your device.
i went to this link but couldnt find twrp file for nokia 5.
twrp file for nokia 6 and nokia 8 is present
reason: no signature
It’s a fake article you need a PC to install twrp.
this article is about rooting your Nokia 5 Without PC. But, I updated the post with TWRP installation because users requested it to do so. Before commenting negatively, Please read the entire article and title.
Please visit our site for more reviews.