Guide to root Xiaomi Mi 8 SE: –
So, Do you want to Root your Xiaomi Mi 8 SE device? Then, Here I have the complete guide that helps you to root your Xiaomi Mi 8 SE device in no time. Xiaomi has recently launched three different variants in the same series, that is Xiaomi Mi, Xiaomi Mi 8 SE, and Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer edition on the market in China last month. It is expected that Xiaomi could release only one variant of Mi 8 to India in the upcoming month. (Expected date: July 2018)
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE has a 5.8-inch display with 423 PPI(Pixel Per Inch). The New Xiaomi Mi 8 SE sports Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Octa-core processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Talking about the camera, The rear camera has 12MP with dual flash LED and the Front selfie shooter sports 20MP which is excellent in terms of long wider shots. At present, the device is running on Android Oreo with MIUI 10 skin. The device holds a 3120mAh battery that is perfect for hardcore gamers. I have previously shared, How to Get Nokia 8 Pro Camera Mode on Any Android Device
So, Without wasting much time. Let’s dive into the guide.
Pre-requisites before Rooting Xiaomi Mi 8 SE: –
- The device should at least have a 70% battery.
- All the data will be erased, So make sure to take the complete backup of your important files on the External SD card or on the cloud storage
- The Root file given below will work only on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE. So don’t try it on other devices, The Root file differs for every device.
Note: – We won’t be responsible if your device leads to damage at any cost. Also, Rooting the device may void your warranty and you can’t claim your warranty once it gets voided. The guide shared here was tested in Xiaomi Mi 8 SE device, So if you carefully follow each step, you could be easily able to root your device without issues. It is recommended not to skip any step.
Also Read: – Top 2 Best Custom ROM For Redmi 4
Guide on how to Root Xiaomi Mi 8 SE: –
So, before getting into the guide make sure that you have fulfilled the pre-requisites which are given above. Once you’re done then follow the step-by-step guide to root your Xiaomi device.
- First things first, You should need to unlock the bootloader of the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE device.
- Download TWRP Recovery image: – click here
- Download Magisk file v16.4: – Click here (Root file)
- Get No-verity-OPT-Encrypt file: – Get here
- Now, Enable USB Debugging mode on your device. To do so, Go to settings >> About Phone >> Tap on Build number 7 times and come back to the Settings page. You will find a new option called “Developer opti0ns“. Select the Developer options menu and Enable USB Debugging mode.
- Now, Copy-paste the downloaded files into your device and keep a TWRP Image file on your PC.
- Now, Connect your Xiaomi Mi 8 SE device to the PC/Laptop.
- Once the device gets detected, Open the TWRP image folder on the PC and open Command prompt window by Clicking Shift key + Right-click on the mouse.
- Now, It’s time to boot your device into bootloader/Fastboot mode. To do so, Execute the below command on Command prompt.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Now, Rename the TWRP Recovery image file to twrp-mi8se.img on the PC.
- Now Execute the following command on the Command Prompt windows to Install TWRP Recovery mode Temporarily on your device. To do so,
- fastboot boot twrp-mi8se.img
- After executing the command, You should have to Reboot your device into Recovery mode. To do so, follow my instructions carefully. Power OFF your device. Now, Turn it ON by Pressing Power Key + Volume Down Key. This will get you into the TWRP Recovery mode which is a Custom Recovery.
- Now, You could be able to see TWRP Recovery Homepage; there you will find an option called Install. Tap on that option and locate to the TWRP Recovery (.img) select that file and Swipe to complete the installation.
- Now, Follow the same procedure to install the Root file also. Select the Install option and select the Magisk v16.4 file and Swipe to complete the installation.
- It will take some time to install the file. So, drink some water and Restart your device after the successful message.
- Now, Enjoy with Root Access.
Also, Read: –
- How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
- How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 6
- Odin Download (Latest v3.13.1) For All Samsung Devices
Final Verdict: –
I hope this guide helped you to Root Xiaomi Mi SE 8 device. If you face any problem installing, please discuss it with me in the comment section below so it will be easier to clear your doubts. Also, Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and relatives. Keep visiting for more guides like this.
2 thoughts on “How to Root Xiaomi Mi 8 SE”
How can I root my Mi note 5?
I will post the detailed guide on rooting Mi Note 5 as soon as possible.