Step-by-step guide on how to root Xiaomi Poco C55 using SuperSU method:
Rooting your smartphone can be a daunting task, especially for beginners. That’s why we’re here to break it down for you into simple and easy-to-follow steps. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of rooting your Xiaomi Poco C55 using SuperSU, explore the advantages of rooting, and even discuss alternative methods if you prefer.
Before we dive into the nitty-gritty of rooting, let’s take a quick look at what exactly rooting means and why someone might want to root their device. So, let’s get started!
Overview of SuperSU by Chainfire:
SuperSU, developed by Chainfire, is a powerful root management tool that allows you to control apps’ access to system files. Here are some noteworthy features of SuperSU:
- Temporary unroot: SuperSU provides an option to temporarily unroot your device, allowing you to use apps that detect root and refuse to work on rooted devices.
- Per-app configuration: You can configure different access permissions for individual apps, giving you granular control over how each app interacts with your rooted device.
- OTA survival mode: SuperSU has an OTA survival mode that helps you preserve root access even after performing system updates on your device.
Advantages of SuperSU:
- Advanced root management: SuperSU gives you full control over root permissions and allows you to manage app access to system files.
- Flashable ZIP: You can download the SuperSU ZIP file and flash it using a custom recovery like TWRP, providing a more reliable and stable rooting experience.
Disadvantages of SuperSU:
- Requires custom recovery: Flashing the SuperSU ZIP file requires you to have a custom recovery installed on your device, which can be a complex process for beginners.
- Compatibility issues: Not all devices are compatible with SuperSU, so it’s essential to check for compatibility before proceeding with the flashing process.
Advantages of Rooting Poco C55
In this section, we’ll explore some of the advantages of rooting your Poco C55, from installing custom ROMs to unlocking exciting new features and functionalities. Let’s dive in!
Ability to Install Custom ROMs
One of the biggest advantages of rooting your Poco C55 is the ability to install custom ROMs. What exactly are custom ROMs, you might ask? Well, they are custom versions of the Android operating system that are created by developers and enthusiasts. These custom ROMs offer a wide range of benefits, such as:
- Enhanced performance: Custom ROMs often optimize system resources and eliminate bloatware, resulting in a smoother and faster user experience.
- Customization options: Say goodbye to the limitations of stock Android! Custom ROMs allow you to customize nearly every aspect of your device, from the user interface to system settings, and even enable advanced customization options like theme engines.
- Latest Android updates: Are you tired of waiting for your OEM to roll out the latest Android updates? With custom ROMs, you can enjoy the latest Android features and security patches without having to wait.
Unlocking New Features and Functionalities
By rooting your Poco C55, you gain access to a whole new realm of features and functionalities that were previously off-limits. Let’s explore some of the exciting possibilities:
- System-wide ad-blocking: Tired of pesky ads popping up everywhere? With root access, you can install ad-blocking apps that block ads system-wide, ensuring a cleaner and more enjoyable browsing and app experience.
- Overclocking: Want to squeeze every last ounce of performance out of your device? Rooting enables you to overclock your CPU, GPU, and RAM, allowing for faster processing speeds and improved gaming performance.
- Backup and restore options: With root access, you can take advantage of powerful backup and restore apps that offer more comprehensive backup options, including the ability to back up app data and settings, SMS messages, and even call logs.
Installing Custom Firmware
Another advantage of rooting your Poco C55 is the ability to install custom firmware. Custom firmware is essentially a modified version of the device’s stock firmware, offering an enhanced and tailored experience. Here are some benefits of using custom firmware:
- Improved battery life: Custom firmware often includes optimizations that can extend your device’s battery life, allowing you to go longer between charges.
- Additional security features: Many custom firmware options provide advanced security features not found in stock Android, such as enhanced app permission control or the ability to encrypt specific folders or files.
⚠️ Risk of Voiding Warranty
Before diving into the world of rooting, it’s important to consider the potential risks. Rooting your Poco C55 can void your device’s warranty, meaning that if any hardware or software issues arise, you may be left without official support. It’s crucial to weigh the advantages against the risks and make an informed decision.
Rooting Xiaomi Poco C55 with SuperSU
By gaining root access, you can customize your device, uninstall bloatware, and even install custom ROMs. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process step-by-step, making it easy for you to root your Xiaomi Poco C55. Let’s dive in!
Backup and Pre-requisites Before Rooting your Xiaomi Poco C55 Using SuperSu:
Before you begin the rooting process, it’s essential to take some precautions to ensure a smooth and safe experience. Here are some pre-requisites and backup steps you should consider:
- Charge Your Device: Make sure your Xiaomi Poco C55 has at least 50% battery before proceeding with the rooting process. This helps prevent any unexpected power-related issues during the process.
- Backup Your Data: Rooting your device may result in data loss. It’s crucial to back up your important files, contacts, and media to an external storage device or cloud service.
- Enable USB Debugging: Go to Settings, then About Phone, and tap on the “MIUI version” seven times to enable Developer Options. Then, go to Developer Options, enable USB Debugging, and ensure that it is turned on before connecting your device to a computer.
- Unlock Bootloader: Depending on your specific device model and software version, you may need to unlock the bootloader before rooting. Check the official Xiaomi website to see if your device requires this step.
Also we have covered a complete step-by-step guide with images on how to unlock bootloader of your Xiaomi Poco C55
By following these pre-requisites and backup steps, you’ll ensure a smooth and safe rooting process for your Xiaomi Poco C55.
DISCLAIMER: We are not responsible for any damages or issues that may occur during the rooting process. Rooting your device may void your warranty and could potentially cause software instability. Proceed at your own risk.
Root Xiaomi Poco C55 Using SuperSU Zip:
One popular method of rooting Android devices is by using SuperSU Zip. In this section, we’ll walk you through the process of rooting your Android device using SuperSU Zip.
Installing TWRP or CWM Recovery:
Before we dive into the rooting process, it’s important to note that installing a custom recovery like TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) or CWM (ClockworkMod) is a prerequisite. A custom recovery allows you to install custom firmware and create full backups of your device, giving you a safety net in case anything goes wrong during the rooting process.
To install TWRP or CWM recovery on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Research and find the appropriate TWRP or CWM recovery image for your specific device model.
- Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Settings > Developer options. If you don’t see the Developer options, go to Settings > About phone and tap on the Build number seven times to unlock it.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window on your computer and type in the following command:
adb devices. This will verify that your device is properly connected and recognized by your computer.
- Next, reboot your device into fastboot or bootloader mode. The exact key combination to enter fastboot mode varies depending on the device, so you may need to consult your device’s manual or search online for the specific key combination.
- Once your device is in fastboot mode, navigate to the folder where you saved the TWRP or CWM recovery image on your computer.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window in this folder and type in the following command to flash the recovery image:
fastboot flash recovery [recovery-image-file-name.img].
- Once the flashing process is complete, reboot your device by typing the following command:
fastboot reboot. Your device should now boot into the custom recovery mode.
We have previously covered a step-by-step guide with images on How to Install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Poco C55.
Rooting Method: SuperSU Zip
Now that you have installed a custom recovery on your device, we can proceed with the actual rooting process using SuperSU Zip.
Download the latest SuperSU Zip file from here
Flashing SuperSU Zip
Now that we have the SuperSU Zip file on our device, let’s proceed with the flashing process:
- Reboot your device into custom recovery mode. You can usually do this by powering off your device, then holding down a specific combination of keys (e.g., Volume Up + Power) to access the recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, use the volume keys to navigate and the power button to select options. Select the option to install or flash a zip file from the recovery menu.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the SuperSU Zip file and select it.
- Confirm the installation by swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” slider or selecting the appropriate option.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete. Once finished, you can reboot your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Android device using SuperSU Zip. Now you have full control over root permissions, which allows you to install and use apps that require root access.
Managing Root Permissions with SuperSU:
Once you have rooted your device using SuperSU, you can manage root permissions for individual apps.
To manage root permissions using SuperSU, follow these steps:
- Open the SuperSU app from your app drawer.
- Navigate to the “Apps” tab within the app.
- You will see a list of all installed apps on your device. Tap on any app to view its root permissions.
- From here, you can choose to grant or deny root access to specific apps by toggling the respective button.
In summary, rooting your Xiaomi Poco C55 using SuperSU offers numerous benefits and customization options. With SuperSU, you can install custom ROMs, unlock new features and functionalities, and even install custom firmware. However, it’s essential to be aware that rooting your device may come with risks, such as voiding your warranty.
At Androidstrike, we understand the allure of rooting and the desire to unlock the full potential of your Android device. That’s why we provide comprehensive tutorials, including this step-by-step guide on how to root your Xiaomi Poco C55 using SuperSU. Visit our website for more Android-related content, including app reviews, game recommendations, and development tutorials.
Unlock the power of your Android device with Androidstrike!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the process of rooting Xiaomi Poco C55 using SuperSU?
To root Xiaomi Poco C55 using SuperSU, follow these steps: 1. Unlock bootloader, 2. Install TWRP recovery, 3. Download SuperSU zip file, 4. Boot into TWRP recovery mode, 5. Install SuperSU zip and reboot your phone.
- Is rooting Xiaomi Poco C55 safe?
Rooting Xiaomi Poco C55 can void your warranty and may expose your device to security risks. It is recommended to proceed with caution and fully understand the risks involved before rooting your device.
- What are the benefits of rooting Xiaomi Poco C55?
Rooting Xiaomi Poco C55 allows you to access and customize system files, install custom ROMs, remove bloatware, improve performance, and use apps that require root access. It gives you more control over your device.
- Can I unroot Xiaomi Poco C55 after rooting?
Yes, it is possible to unroot Xiaomi Poco C55 after rooting. You can use SuperSU’s unroot feature or flash the stock firmware to restore your device to its original unrooted state.
- Will rooting Xiaomi Poco C55 void my warranty?
Yes, rooting Xiaomi Poco C55 will void your warranty as it involves modifying the system files and tampering with the device’s software. It is important to note that manufacturers typically do not provide support for rooted devices.